1. I confirm that I am 18 years of age or over.
2. I agree that counselling is confidential and that my counsellor will keep all my personal details secure. I appreciate that the counsellor will protect and store all client records in complete confidence.
3. In addition, I understand that records of therapeutic exchanges are legally owned by the counsellor and posting direct information or verbatim transcripts of exchanges with the therapist is a breach of law. I accept that neither extracts nor whole copies of our exchanges should be circulated to any professional or social forums, or third parties. I agree to take care to keep our email exchanges and information protected.
4. I understand that counsellors at Therapy-Talk are under clinical supervision of their work and may discuss my case, but will never reveal personal details that could identify me. Except if my counsellor thinks that I am at risk of harming myself or intending to harm others, I accept that my counsellor reserves the right to contact my doctor or an appropriate authority, but will always inform me first.
5. I confirm that I do not have a diagnosed mental illness or clinical depression, nor have thoughts of harming others or myself.
6. I accept that my counsellor has a duty of care and I may be referred to an appropriate service, if the online counsellor considers that I need to see a therapist locally.
7. I understand that in the event of technology breakdown, the counsellor will contact me immediately if I provide my landline phone number as another method of connection. Alternatively, I will receive as soon as possible an email with a new choice of dates for an online counselling session at no extra cost.
8. I accept that it is my responsibility to check that my microphone, speakers, or webcam are working properly, before I start online counselling to minimise difficulties.
9. I acknowledge that I have to give at least 24 hours notice in case of cancellation; otherwise, I accept that there is no refund policy for online counselling.
10. I understand that payments for the sessions must be received in advance.
11. By accessing any part of this site or services, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms in full.
Therapy-Talk is committed to protecting your privacy and that your information is secure. We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. In addition, we will not disclose your personal information to any third parties, unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or required by law.
The personal information that you provide us will be treated confidentially and used only by your counsellor. The collection of data is based on voluntary agreement and to carry out the services that you request.
All client’s personal material is stored securely during the time that this is required by law. However, there are no identifying names as these are replaced with a client ID number. We keep handwritten notes and contact details separately on protected and locked file devices and treated in complete confidence.
Our website contains links to other websites and these third party sites will have their own privacy policies. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of any third party websites or how they manage the use of their cookies. The use of third party sites is at your own risk.